- Applications: Heavy Oil, Oil Sands and Shale, Molten Salt Transfer, Nuclear Charge, Petroleum Production and Refining, Sewage Collection and Treatment, Gas Production, Water Supply and Distribution (water), Boiler Circulation, Decoking, Desalination, Filtration, Tank Farm Transfer
- Industries: Water Treatment, Mining, Oil and Gas, Wastewater Collection and Treatment, Nuclear Power, Water Supply and Distribution, Power Generation
The Limitorque MX is the multi-turn product for the non-intrusive, double-sealed, smart electronic actuator marketplace. Introduced to the market in 1997, the MX is built upon a wealth of experience and performance in the valve actuation industry. Thousands are installed on all six habitable continents and in all major market segments, including power generation, oil and gas, plus water and waste water treatment. What sets the MX actuator apart is the combination of control and reliability facilitated by advanced Limitorque technology. Simple to set-up and operate, the MX employs a graphical dot matrix display with local control switches to deliver instant actuator status and valve position in eleven languages. The MX electronic actuator network options include Modbus® DDC, Foundation Fieldbus™ H1, PROFIBUS DP™ V1, PROFIBUS PA™, DeviceNet™, and HART®. Distinguishing itself from the competition, the MX actuator features an absolute encoder for positioning which doesn’t require trouble-some batteries and is designed with B.I.S.T. (Built In Self-Test) capability for self-diagnosis. Additional features include LimiGard circuitry, which safeguards the actuator from spurious electro-magnetic interference, MX Quik, providing uninterrupted local indication during main power losses, and Limitorque’s namesake feature – torque sensing. The MX electronic actuator can provide torque output of up to 1700 ft-lb (2304 Nm) and is available in a wide variety of configurations to accommodate various applications and valve designs. For torque-only applications, the MX can be directly coupled with valves. For thrust applications, a thrust base is installed on the MX. The MX can additionally be coupled to WG or HBC worm gearboxes for operation on part-turn valves such as butterflies, balls, plugs, and dampers. For rising stem valve applications, the MX can be coupled with V series and MT bevel gearboxes; SR spur gearboxes; and the LB (Linear Base) attachment for linear, control valve applications. The MX actuator provides the user with predictable, reliable and safe operation for years to come, in the most rigorous applications and extreme environments. Its features provide users with pioneering technology such as:
- Redundant absolute encoder with B.I.S.T. – never needs batteries
- Graphical dot-matrix display allows 180° rotation of text, diagnostic graphs and supports 11 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Malay, Mandarin, Katakana, and Turkish.
- Torque ranges from 20 ft-lb (27 Nm). to 1700 ft-lb (2304 Nm)
- Double-sealed terminal block compartment prevents moisture ingress into controls enclosure.
- Available with arctic temperature to -76°F (-60°C) and solid-state starter options.
- Optional Bluetooth® wireless connectivity with a range up to 32.8 ft (10 m). When used with Limitorque Dashboard™ Windows®-based software, diagnostic information is easily transferred to a PDA, laptop computer or cell phone.
- SIL 2 and SIL 3 capable certification to IEC 61508 for standard MX and most every option.
Click below for download:MX and QX Brochure